Saturday, April 9, 2011

Watercolours

After doing some research and experimentation with watercolour and ink, I have decided to use watercolour as my main medium for the environments of my animation. Some of my inspirations come from the following artists.


Giovanni Battista Tiepolo, “Caricature of a Man Holding a Three-cornered Hat”
I like the use of strong lines and subtle tone in the form of the man in this painting.


Joseph William Mallord Turner R.A., "Storm at Sea"
I love the loose, expresive brush strokes that create texture and the colours bleeding into each other in this painting that create a lot of depth and movement in what is a limited and almost abstract painting.


John Ruskin, “Study of Boulders”
I like the fine detail and textures created in this work and the use of pens for fine details.

No comments:

Post a Comment